Monday, March 5, 2012

Charleston

Hubs and I went to Charleston over the weekend for a little getaway and to attend a wedding... I've been numerous times but hubs has only been once. He was flying on a small plane and they had to drop someone off there so I don't really even count that.

I was so excited to show him around and see all that Charleston has to offer... unfortunately storms were headed our way so it was really windy Friday night and then it rained, slash that, POURED on Saturday. Thankfully our friend's wedding was covered and beautifully perfect!

I was hoping to have some time to walk around, go to different boutiques and home stores, take pictures of all the beautiful architecture there but none of that happened. We did however catch a ghost tour Friday night, kinda fun (but kinda cheesy too). Here are a few fun pics from over the weekend:

This is on the Charleston Harbor near our resort we stayed at... loved looking at all the sailboats and yachts :) I already figured out how many wills my husband would need to do for clients so that we can buy one... a girl can dream right?

This is in downtown Charleston as the sun was setting... not really sure what it is but I do know that it's a beautiful courtyard!

Here are hubs and I at the wedding. It was at the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation, a really pretty plantation house and really neat site for weddings and events.

That is most of the pics I have of Charleston that are the least bit interesting besides all of my ghost tour pics of little round "orbs" that are supposedly ghost/spirits...

This week I have a couple of projects for the house, the first is my Master bedroom headboard...

This is a picture of it when I bought it was a random flea market... it was a brassy gold that needed to be touched up... I went home and painted it a pretty gold. After that I took some Minswax gel and wiped that over the creases and such to give it definition... I actually thought it looked pretty good at that point (wish I had a picture). Then I got antsy and decided to paint grey over it... not a good move... it now looks straight 90's airbrush grey... yuck. Hopefully this week I can paint it some more to get it looking good again.

Another project I have is these babies that I scored off of craigslist for $50 total!

There are 2 adirondack chairs, 2 footstools, and a folding table. The previous owner never stained or painted these so they are weathered and definitely need some TLC. I have been wanting adirondack chairs for our front porch but they're so dang expensive.

I have big plans for these babies. I have sanded everything but the table, after that I will prime them and then paint with a clean and crisp white paint outdoor paint similar to how I did my planter boxes below. I think they will end up perfect even if my husband thinks I am crazy in the meantime!

Eventually I hope to complete the porch with a 1 person swing that I'll also paint white. You know southern girls, we love some good porch sittin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment