Friday, July 20, 2012

Hot Dang Deals HomeGoods!

Ok, so if you know me well, you know that I am a Homegoods snob.  Not only do I freakin love Homegoods but I know exactly which ones are the great, ok, and don't waste your time locations.

In Atlanta the one closest to me is in Buckhead at Sidney Marcus.   Let's just say on a scale of 1-10, I'd rate this Homegoods 5.5.  It usually sucks and is picked over but every now and then it'll surprise you. This last 10 days must have been a huge surprise to me because this location was rockin' it!

There were so many pretty things I had to snap pictures, even other customers in the store (including a couple designers) were commenting on how great the stock was this week.

This little $99 round table was really cool because it had some bling, not in a cheap look either.  It almost looked like sparkly rocks crushed up, however, the finish was smooth.  Great for a Hollywood Regency/glam-chic look.


 This big 'ole mirror was really rustic with distressed wood, iron corner brackets, and iron rings.  You could do so much with this and only $79! 

This capiz pendant was only $299 and a really nice size, I've seen these a lot lately on blogs.


They had 3 garden stools, unfortunately all white but if that's what you're looking for the price was only $39!!!! Such a steal, I sat in the store googling "painting a glazed garden stool" and ended up passing.  I need a garden stool for my living room but white won't do and I don't want to risk ruining it.  Sidenote: I have seen these also at Ross Dress for Less for $49 in the past (random, yes I know).


I couldn't decide if I liked this lamp, it's a tad retro but I think in the right space it could work. The lampshade colors were kind of cool, navy, orange, and tan... perfect for an Auburn themed mancave if you ask me!


This long carved mirror was in the store's "India" section and it was beautiful! $349


Every now and then I'll see one of these bone inlay chest, I think they are the perfect statement piece in a room.  Wisteria and some other places carry similar ones for thousands of $dollars$.  Homegoods has your knock-off for under $999.


Not too long ago I started seeing these creepy heads popping up in stores, at Scott's Antique, and on blogs.  Well, these are called "busts" and apparently they are really in style.  I can't decide how I feel about them but I think I like them if used in the right way.


If lamps are your thing then Homegoods has definitely had some great finds lately.  The other day I saw some white ceramic gourd lamps with an apple green and white chevron lamp shade.  Unfortunately they only had 1 left and I needed 2 and I also didn't take a picture.

Yesterday when I went they had these clear blu-ish green glass lamps with burlap shade and I must say, the picture doesn't do them justice and neither does the price tag $49 each.


This mirrored chest was a lot cooler than their usual mirrored chest.  The trim isn't quite black, it's more of an iron color, very neat and only $299.  I was trying to think of a place to put this in my house I loved it so much!


Ok, swoon... I'm not super traditional in my style but I LOVE ME SOME BLUE AND WHITE CHINA.  I think it's timeless, classic, and will never go out of styles as long as you use it right. My mother in law has a bunch in her house and she has some similar lamps (see below).  These Ralph Lauren lamps were only $99 each and I think hers were quadruple that, I was so sad I didn't have a place for these either.  I even texted a picture to my husband to see if even he could think of a place in the house for them.


 I'm cheesin' it here with her lamps because my dress matched them (sorry about the bad instagram quality).


Feelin' even more blue I ran into these blue industrial nesting tables. Aren't they cool? You don't see nesting tables like this often either ($99).


I found so many wonderful things that would work or fit into someone else's home but not mine.  I did walk away with these mercury glass pedestal-foot decanturs at $19 each. I was planning to put them above my kitchen cabinets but unfortunately they are too tall.... super sad face :( so I am trying to find them a new home in my house.


This mirror was cool and for only $39 it was a great price.  If the color isn't your thing, you could easily paint this too. (Excuse my picture, I was looking rufff yesterday!)


The last and final picture, a mirrored chest wins my heart anyday but a mirrored chest with glossy, white overlay and only $199 will really do the trick. Amazeballs....


That's all for my Homegoods post, I wanted to get this posted ASAP in case it inspired ya'll to run out the door to your nearest Homegoods (FYI: Wed, Thurs, Friday are the best days to go).

I have a bunch of house updates but I'll post that next week.  My 10 Year High School Reunion is this weekend so I should also have some fun stuff to post from that too.  :)


1 comment: