Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sea Island Bachelorette Party

So 2 weekends ago I had a nice little getaway to Sea Island, Ga for my friend Rachel's Bachelorette Party, we dubbed this "Rachelorette".  One of the other bridesmaids has a home down there and was kind enough to let us use it. Sea Island, is in the Golden Isles off the coast of Georgia.  If you've never been there before then you should seriously make a trip.  The beaches are ok (Atlantic, what do you expect?) but the homes and facilities there are unbelievable. I'm especially in love with The Cloister, I told my husband that it needs to be our Atlantic coast vacation spot.

I have a lot of pictures from this weekend because it was too fun not to share, so get ready...

So Friday we all got in to town and laid out by the pool and had some cocktails.   That night we all got ready and made a smorgasboard of food for dinner.  After dinner and dessert it was time to blindfold the bachelorette and send her on a little "walk" outside.


 We quickly threw on "moo-moos" (I'll explain in a minute) and laid out our gifts.  Our friend Rachel has some funny quirks, most resemble things your granny likes or does.  We played off these quirks and brought 2 gifts: lingeries and a quirk themed gift.  This is the table of the quirk themed gifts.


She loves some Full House (who doesn't)...


And she is obsessed with kitty cats, the plastic figurine is a "cat lady" with her 9 cats and the picture is catpainted (an app you need to check out). 


Rachel can make a meal out of pickles alone, in college I think she survived off pickles, peanut butter, and deviled eggs.


Her fiance is an avid outdoorsman, so since they started dating our dainty little Rachel has become an outdoorsman's lady.  They fish or go to the Hunting Club often on the weekends so this cute fly fishing bag was quite appropriate.


I said earlier that Rachel lived off Peanut Butter in college but I forgot her love of olives as well.  One of her friends dressed up this Peanut Butter and Jelly as a bride and groom and it is too cute! This is one set of PB&J she can't eat! Apparently when Rachel was little her and all of her Dalton bridesmaids were obsessed with pigs too...


I played off her outdoorsy theme and got her a camo beach towel with her hot pink monogram.  Might as well keep it preppy and cute at the Hunting Club.


So the way we set up the game was Rachel had to guess who each quirky gift was from, if she got it right then she opened their lingerie gift.  If she got it wrong, well she still opened the lingerie gift but she had to take a sip of her cocktail.


We went and got Rachel from her "walk" and brought her in blindfolded.  First, we dressed her in her NeNe's housecoat which she used to wear ALL THE TIME in college (it's very cute and 60's). When she took her blindfold off she found all of us in "moo-moos and housecoats" as a surprise.


 See what I mean...


All the girls:


Her college bridesmaids:


This picture is so classic, it might be a fave of mine for a long, long time.  Not sure if we are channeling Days of Our Lives or a scene from the Golden Girls.


My attire thanks for Goodwill (I washed it).


And Miss Katie's attire a la Goodwill:


The next day we got ready and went straight to The Sea Island Beach Club. It was a perfect day with perfect weather.


The thing I loved most about Sea Island facilities is that they have chandeliers EVERYWHERE.  I wish I had more pics but I didn't want to be "that girl" so here is one pic on our way out to the parking lot but most chandys were larger and prettier than these pendants.


We hurried home to get gussied up so we could head to The Cloister for a cocktail before dinner.  The Cloister was soooo pretty, I mean I about died, I want to go back immediately.




Dalton Bridesmaids:


Tennessee Bridesmaids:


3 Muskateers:


Lindsey and me:


My friend Katie and me:


Lindsay and myself:


The Bride and myself:


We always salute (long story...)


All of the bridesmaids:




After drinks and pictures at The Cloister we went on to dinner at Halyards which was so yummy.  Then we painted the town pink in St. Simon at Ziggys, a beach dive with some interesting characters patroning the bar.

All in all it was a great weekend celebrating Rachel and we really enjoyed each other's company.  I think everyone agreed that we'd love to go back to Sea Island just for a nice long weekend and maybe bring our spouses.

I got home that Sunday tired but excited to see my beau who's parents were coming through town.  Lucky us, we got to enjoy a lovely dinner at Canoe in Atlanta.  This is such a wonderful restaurant, it's where our rehearsal dinner was and his parents haven't been there since that night.  Ryan and I snapped a quick pic after dinner next to the river. 


Last weekend I went to Scott's Antique with my friend Beverly, it was her first time so we did the WHOLE darn thing.  Exhausting but fun!  I'll share some pictures and Homegoods finds in the next days or two. 




No comments:

Post a Comment