Thursday, April 5, 2012

Skirted Table

The other day when I was talking about my skirted table with the speaker in it, I'm not sure it really made sense... So I'll break it down...

You see that huge "subwoofer" that resembles a mini fridge from your freshman dormroom? I left my husband at home with the TV/Audio Installation guy, I later came home to that big, black box sitting in my precious living room space. Mr. Hubbs seemed to think nobody would notice it in the corner once we filled the room with furniture... Ugh, really? As my mom says: "Men!" They really don't always get it but God Bless 'em.

After a minor freak out since it couldn't be moved, I took action... I had a carpenter come out and build a round top table over and around the box.


Now I'm so excited to see my skirted table once it's all finished that I'm kinda happy I had this problem to start with. It's the perfect little place to rest a lamp, some books, and a cocktail tray. Now I keep going around the house trying to find other things to build around and make look pretty...

I've learned one other lesson... don't let your man decide on TV/Audio entirely. If it was up to my hubs we would have 4 other speaker boxes freely standing around the room, thankfully I made him concede to in wall speakers. A small price upgrade but 100% worth it. I did lose on the speaker right under our tv, maybe our next house I'll win that battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment