Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June Craigslist Finds

The other day my friend Garman picked up a perfect pair of Seagrass chairs from a woman in Buckhead off of Craigslist.

It got me thinking that I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to peruse craigslist while falling asleep like I used to.

After about 15 minutes I easily came up with a ton of great items, today's post is brought to you by the letter "C" for chairs and cane.

Aren't these fun?


I know you might first have looked at this chrome and cane chair and thought "WTH?" but look how the fabulous Milk and Honey bloggers styled theirs:


This picture is grainy but I think that this bamboo and cane chair could be awesome, especially as a desk chair.  A girly desk that is... please don't do this at a manly office desk...  I'm think more of a glammy desk that is probably more for looks than functionality :) like the ones you see on pinterest.


I'd paint it a lacquered white with this preppy Waverly lattice fabric:


Or this yellow lattice for a bright pop! 


Or I'd paint it a lacquered black and reupholster it with a fresh green print like this Primitive Trellis design:


The next chair I found is so yummy and only $65 too! I'm not positive what style this technically is but I'd call it "French Regency".  I'm almost 100% sure this isn't the accurate term but it looks like a combo of a french chair combined with a hollywood regency vibe.

You could repaint this however or leave it grey but it'd be great with some new upholstery.  I might even do 2 different fabrics, especially on the backside.

 via

Ok, this one is not a cheap find at $2500 BUT I've been seeing a lot of these Bamboo Chippendale chairs on blogs and such, very hollywood regency.  I'd personally update the table to make the whole set a little more funky and fresh.  

While we are on the subject of bamboo I found this little lovey for $350 and it's a nice size!


If you hadn't had enough cane and chrome, here's a little more.  Very 60's, I keep imagining them with a fluffy white rug underneath.

 via

This seller has quite a collection of chairs, the outside 2 french arm chairs have it going on... It's hard to tell but these chairs look like the frame is black and the reupholstering possibilities are endlessss... 



 This picture is a little like where's waldo but between all of that white wicker you'll see a green tufted bench sitting pretty to the left.  Benches can really go about anywhere in a house but I might still this one at the foot of a bed.


That's about all I found until my eyelids started to fail on me, computer closed, and off to dream of cheap furniture thrills...

No comments:

Post a Comment