Friday, June 1, 2012

Summatime

Every summer we kick off with an annual trip to the beach in Florida.  This year was no different  except I made a pit stop for a few days in Chicago beforehand. 

I landed in Chicago the morning of the NATO conference which kept things interesting in the windy city (and kept my mother freaking out about safety). 


Reporting live from the riverfront downtown...


Of course posing with the police officers for a photo opp...


In all seriousness though, it was kinda surreal/creepy to see herds of cops standing around on each corner. Not to mention the police sirens and motorcades whizzing by you day and night for 48 hours.  My building is next to where the NATO meetings were taking place and when I went to lunch on Monday there were tons of secret service and bomb squad dogs everywhere.

This craziness didn't stop me, I still got in some beloved shopping time (TOPSHOP!) and good food.  I stayed at the Dana hotel which was awesome and my views were unreal, I even had a balcony to my room.

Day view from balcony:


Night View:

Office View:


After a quick trip I was whirled away to the fine Panama City Beach Airport and off to Seaside, Florida!

Beach View:


Talk about stark contrast... my in-laws finally moved into their new beach home in May and we were so excited to finally stay here. 


Our house sits on the most perfect piece of property in all of Highway 30-A.  To the left is Ryan's grandparent's beach house and to the right of us is a state park so no one can ever build there.  I wish I had more pictures inside the house because the views are panoramic and unbelievable.  Our family is so blessed to have this as a home for generations and years to come.

Ryan and his dad Kayakin with the sharks...


Water was still as a lake so I spent my days floatin...


 Ryan's dad fished everyday, his big catch was a pompano, he threw it back in...


About to head to the Seaside circle to meet my parents... 


Mom and dad were down here in Rosemary Beach celebrating 32 years of marriage.  
The 3 amigos (minus brother and Ry): 


The 32 year lovebirds at Bud 'N Alleys...



Did some shopping with my mom in Rosemary, founds some really cute kid furniture...  I might need this one day.


And the perfect sign for our football hallway: 


Even got to visit our friends/neighbors who were right down the beach... isn't this Fedora (and kid) too cute? Only $8 at Target too! I might need to get one and save it for my child. 
 

Ryan's family are swingers... haha... ok maybe not in that sense, but they love a good swing on a porch, we have 1 on every floor .  So we did a lot of swinging...

  

We met for dinner at The Great Southern Cafe in Seaside with both our families, I highly recommend this place, the food is so good! As are the mojitos :) 


We layed out some more, then ate some more... 


Nightly pre-dinner pic...


The last night we ended with a bang, family dinner and then some hangout time with our cousin Robert and Ryan's sister and her husband in down in Seaside. 

 

I always take a picture next to the flagpole in the Seaside Circle, it's customary... and I always salute.



Food trucks lining up 30-A in Seaside... so good...


We stopped by our friend's new restaurant The Local Ketch for a drink then headed to the tried and true, Bud 'N Alleys...

Me and the Sister in Law...


Me and Ryan's Best Man/Cousin Robert, he just opened Momma Goldberg's Deli in Tallahassee, Florida, you should check it out!


Since I pretend to live a mermaid life I had to get a pic with the Merm herself outside Bud 'N Alleys...


Last day at the beach, can't wait to be back in June! :) 


Nothin' like a hot, southern, summer... I hope everyone is enjoying the best season of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment