Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bedside Desk

When you think of a desk you usually think of an office, maybe even a small kitchen desk but a bedroom desk?

Since I've been working on our master lately I've been putting a lot of thought into what I'd want as our nightstands or side tables.  One trend I've been seeing a ton on Pinterest lately are bedroom desks as nightstands/side tables.

Love this lucite...


This white/slate/lavender is quite pretty too...


Built in bunkbeds are a favorite look of mine right now but so is this built in desk look...


This is quite a romantic desk/vanity set up, love the vintage glass bottles...


Love these nesting desks, especially since it's on wheels...


Seeing red is more like green with envy about this desk with the combo of bamboo, chrome, and teal.


Talk about neutrals... black/grey/tan with pops of pink and chrome.


Normally a wasted space... not so much in this room...


Ok, so this isn't quite a desk to the side or in front of the bed but I LOVE this thing! How cool!? Pull it close or push it away.... This could really come in handy those mornings when I cant get out of bed but need to work. Or even for more practical things like eating in bed... ;)


I saw this on pinterest a while ago and it's always stuck in my head, a perfect boys room... 


Pretty in pink...


I love this rectangular skirted table, I've also seen these a little less cluttered and used as desk.  I love this look and I'd definitely make some hidden storage underneath.


There you have it, consider this my argument (with myself) for a bedside desk.  I failed to mention that the wall our bed sits on is quite wide, even with a king.  So most nightstands are too small and look dinky, plus they leave a ton of unused space to the side.

I would use mine as as a desk, especially in the morning when I'm getting ready but doing emails for work.  However, it could also double as a vanity if it had a mirror above it.  The french arm chair I found curbside a couple weeks ago would also be a great companion.

I think this might be the perfect solution, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment