Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chairs: DONE.

Boy oh boy does it feel good to have these babies completed! You have no idea how many fabrics I looked at in person and online. Even though navy is quite trendy I have learned it is very hard to find 2 things in Navy: A) pretty Wallpaper and B) Upholstery grade fabric.

I found a few in lightweight cottons and in outdoor fabrics that were ok but none that were the right grade or the right shade of Navy. The Navy I was looking for has the slightest twinge of green in it. With some help from a fabulous decorator who I consult with from time to time we finally found it! Yes! She actually got it from another decorator who had it left over. It was definitely a sign from above that it was meant for me because there were 2.5 yards left to cover the front AND back of 4 french chairs. Amen, praise the lord, because there none left to spare but enough to cover :)

Without further adieu... (pardon the crappy iphone pics)



Navy chevron with Nailhead trim and coral velvet with double cording...





Anyways... I feel like this was a big hurdle to jump before I could complete the rest of my house. Now that these are done I feel much better and I can focus towards curtains and buffet! Which I think I found the perfect buffet at Z Galleries... thinking mirrored for some sparkle and shine! The perfect southern touch... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment