Saturday, January 28, 2012

More Southern Style on the Cheap...

Saturday morning we wake up to thunder and lightening... for once a rainy morning NOT on a weekday when you have to work!?...awesome! However, I had my Saturday already mapped out with bargain shopping, ugh, bummer. After sleeping in a "little" while we got ready, slapped on our rain jackets and went out to the monsoon & tornadoes. (I might or might not have incentivized my husband with lunch at McAlister's Deli...)

First, return the fireplace screen to Outrageous Interiors at their Alpharetta store. Since we were going all the way up 400, we might as well hit the Homegoods on Northpoint (my fav Homegoods-seriously awesome) and since we are going to eat at McAlisters which is next to the other Ballards Backroom, we'll go there too. Here's my finds:

My mom had mentioned that she wanted one of these drying racks you mount on your wall from Ballards for her laundry room, they had a stack of them on a clearance special for $49 bucks... of course I grabbed her one.


On a rainy day this Sunburst mirror was perfect! On Abode Home's blog that she found a similar one at TJ Maxx and ever since I have been on the lookout. I can't decide where to mount this sucker in my house. I know a lot of folks mount it above a bed or maybe a sofa. I was actually thinking in my entryway above my mirrored table. One thing I do know is this baby is HEAVY! Might need to call in the big guns to hang this piece up!... Big guns as in my dad, our handy neighbor Drew, or a guy I met at a local design shop who does all of their installations.

Ok, so really I didn't buy much else except the mirror and my mother's drying rack... pretty good right? One thing I forgot to preface in yesterday's post when I said I was practicing contentment, I walked away from the boutique warehouse sales, yada yada yada.... Earlier in the week I scored big time on Gilt Group's Blowout sale, OMG. Well these lovelies came in the mail over the weekend and I am sooooo excited!!!


This dress is by T Bags (yeah, weird name) but they have really pretty maxi dresses. You might have seen them on celebs like Adrienne Maloof on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Emily Maynard, Brad Womack's ex and the future Bachelorette doll (can't wait to see what she wears).

Anyways, you can't tell in this picture but the dress has a deep v and a ties around the rib cage, so cute and only $19 bucks for a designer dress, loves! Plus is so forgiving but doesn't look like a moo-moo. I love an easy, breezy dress that you can just "throw on".

If you aren't a member of Gilt Group, it's invitation only but I think you can request membership. Right now they have an extra 25% off promo going on (extra25off) and shipping is always quick and only $5.95.
























The next dress is this AWESOME hot pink Tibi number (sorry for the grainy pics). This beaut was $89 and I am obsessed! With all of the parties and weddings we have this year I can't wait to show this off especially with a nice tan, sunkissed hair, and killer gold heels. My best friend actually has a version of this dress that she wore to my rehearsal dinner and I loved it so when I saw this for so cheap I died. I didn't even know the back was open with the cape-back over it until it arrived.

I know what you are thinking... contentment? huh? what about that resolution? I'm a bargain shopper so when I see a deal it's hard for me to not buy something "just because it's cheap." My husband says if I would quite buying so many little things that were "dirt cheap" that I just like so-so it would be a start for my road to recovery. I really have done quite well lately of walking out of stores empty handed. Will this girly-gal not ever buy clothes? No way. I can start by only buying things that I truly love and will get a ton of wear/use from. So that's how I am starting, baby steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment