Friday, January 13, 2012

High and Low

No, I'm not talking about uppers and downers... I'm talking about style. Whether it be your wardrobe, your shoe collection, or you house... I think it's all about mixing high-end style with low-end style. Maybe it doesn't even have to be super high end but it appears high end or fancy but on the flipside you pair it with some good 'ole comfort pieces.

Similarly, I feel like you can do a mixture of new and old with vintage things too. Whatever you love make it work but a good mixture of both will always add more interest and make for an inviting and cozy home.

Here are a few images via Pinterest that I love...



Love these Tolix chairs mixed with a farmhouse table and a crystal chandalier!
(Pic courtesy of Melissa Edelman, designer and owner of Antiquaire.)



If you are on Pinterest, you've probably seen this image. Who doesn't love exposed brick? Mix it with crisp white bedding, vintage or reclaimed side tables and a sparkly chandy, perfecto!

(Image courtesy of Country Living)




You've seen this pic before, it's my dining room. I'm aspiring to mix the high/low in here too... I found this farm table and loved it, then I fussied it up some with these Louis XVI French chairs which I reupholstered. Throw in a cowhide for a touch of SOCO (southern comfort) and a corner china cabinet. Next I am planning on a mirrored buffet like this one from Z Galleries for more sparkle in shine... rotate the mirror (vertical), add pretty buffet lamps, curtains, table linens, and BAM! I might be about done! Well, maybe...



(Image courtesy of Z Galleries)

No comments:

Post a Comment