Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Scott's Antique

Over the weekend our in-laws came for a last minute visit from Florida. They are Almost done building their beach house in Seagrove off of 30-A. Ry's mom called a week ago and said she was looking at her schedule and they were about to get really busy with their new house finishing up in the early spring so they wanted to pay a visit. Luckily we didn't have any plans except going to Scott's Antique and I finally had an excuse to call cleaners to come clean our house. :)

In true Bowden fashion, we relaxed, ate a ton of food at fabulous restaurants, watched football, and did some shopping at Scott's. Next time you want a great meal check out Horseradish Grill in the chastain area of Buckhead. I don't know why it took Ryan and I so long to visit this great place but it's a new fav. We also ate at Fox Brothers BBQ with my parents (ahmazzzing bbq), Corner Bakery (cafe adjoined to Maggianos-try their chopped salad, it'll change your life), West Egg (West Midtown), and Malaya (Collier Hills).

Enough about food, back to Scott's... this place was PACKED. I'm not sure if it was due to college football season being over, the long weekend, or the fact that market was going on this week but I haven't seen it this packed in forever. Luckily Ryan and I weren't looking for too much and honestly it felt picked over by the time we arrived Saturday. I ended up going home with an all-time spending RECORD! ...low that is. 3 hours and $8 later we left with an old coca-cola crate for my desk area in the kitchen. I had one but needed another... I did take a few pics, I'll take more next time, promise!



An armoire we found (in front of the North building) to possibly put in our Master, these babies were already sold but the vendor said he has these every month, so I plan on checking back with him.




The inside...




Don't worry if your spouse goes with you and starts to get tired there are plenty of interesting chairs to take a rest in...





A pic of my desk area (was a large pantry before we moved in) with my $8 coca-cola crates... (butcher block from Ikea, office filing cabinet and counter stool from Ballards outlet, baskets from homegoods, metal bins from Lowe's, cake plates from Juliska, Poterry Barn, and Homegoods)


After Scott's we hit up the Ballards Outlet near my house... All Christmas goodies 75% off, we are talking nice ribbon for $2-$3 but most of the Christmas goods were gone by the time we got there. I did however score the very LAST 3 foot pre-lit Christmas tree for $17.50!!!!!!! (Outlet price before xmas $150). I plan on using it on my skirted table in living room this next year and moving my big tree to the dining room in front of the bay window. Talk about a steal... One thing about living where we do, we get the best deals on home stuff with all the awesome stores near our house, so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment